Stephen Harvey QC
Year of Call: 1979, Year of Silk: 2006
As one of the UK’s top QC’s, Stephen has been involved in a number of high-profile cases.
He is an exceptional tactician and a gifted advocate.
Stephen is involved with sports law in a variety of different ways. He is often instructed as an advocate representing individuals before sporting tribunals and the criminal courts, he has investigated sporting figures on behalf of their regulating bodies, and has also chaired sports tribunal hearings - all in relation to international sporting matters.
Stephen’s particular expertise is anti-corruption, bribery and corporate governance. He has been involved in issues from both the individual and a club's perspective.
Stephen has a particular interest in the regulation and discipline of football, gymnastics, rugby, motor sport, horseracing and greyhound racing.
- AB - Football Disciplinary Commission hearing. Advised and represented a footballer accused of racial abuse and assault. Acquitted
- YY - Advised and represented a premier league footballer in relation to allegations of assault
- AA- Advised a premiership footballer in relation to a series of criminal allegations.
- BB- Advised a premier league football manager in relation to motoring offences
- CC – Advised a premiership footballer in relation to motoring offences
**For reasons of confidentiality, no examples of investigations or tribunal cases can be displayed. **